World's Greatest Mom!

Friday, May 12, 2006

Love from Emily, Scott and Bruce


Happy Mother's Day!

With Bruce's birthday coming up next week, I've been thinking a lot about all the sacrifices people made to help me out. Mom, you did so much! And I'm sure I don't even know the half of it.

Mom took some uber-expensive flight so she could be with me right after Bruce was born. Then when she got here, she didn't bask in her grandmotherly glory like she probably normally does with newborns. Instead, she jumped into action and helped put a crib together, decorate Bruce's bedroom, get the changing table together, cook a bunch of meals, etc. And that was just at night! During the day, she came to the hospital and braided my hair and wiped my bum and made me drink water and helped me walk around. I think she was in Boston for about a week and she didn't even get to hold Bruce. She had the opportunity, but she gave it up to Scott and me since Bruce had limited time outside his incubator.

One of the many characteristics I love about mom is that she is completely unselfish.

We love you!

Emily, Scott, and Bruce

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home